Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Well, That Part Is Over With


I woke up this morning (barely moving) and prepared myself mentally for the long lines I knew me and my daughter would have to stand in to get her registered for classes. In the end, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but the process was tiring and so I'm glad to be able to sit still for a moment and just relax. The balance for her education (1st year) is $2636.00 that can be paid in eight installments between now and June of next year.

I'm excited for her. I didn't get the chance to go out-of-state for school, I was too busy tending to children and being a wife. She's going to major in Biology (wants to be a doctor) and I'm sure she's going to excel in everything she does. I can't wait to see that degree and even more I can't wait until she reaches her goal and she has the title she seeks.

It hasn't all hit me because we haven't moved her into her dorm room yet. I'm sure that as I'm putting into place the last item we bring in for her room and I give her that last hug that my eyes will get all misty. She's spent plenty of weekends away from home, she's even gone on some trips that may have lasted a couple of weeks and I know I'll see her this winter for the holidays but there's something to be said about leaving your child at a learning institution for months on end. Especially these days when so much seems to be happening and she's the first one to go off to school too so it's a whole new experience for me.

So now I'll have three in another state and one that I have to hurry up and get registered for school when I get back home. Even that should be interesting seeing as how I'm sure they didn't send all her records over from her last school. I used to count down the years when they would all be out of high school and I would be free to travel. Of course, when I dreamt that, I was beautiful, rich and in love. In order for it to come true now I'd have to find me some money. ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment